Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Ghetto Fabulous Pencil Pouch

You, like me, may be experiencing the effects of the economy and maybe, just maybe, you, like me are a student and/or a DIYer trying to make a "dollah outta fifteen cents" (RIP Tupac), either way, necessity is the mother of invention and I, friends, am the poor red-headed step-child. I'm also cheap, but I digress. Herein you will find the directions to making your very own Ghetto Fabulous Pencil Pouch which, for the sake of full disclosure, wasn't intented to hold pencils in the first place.  Whatevs. It's a cheap pouch and it's mine. Olive it. 

You'll need:
  1. Large freezer bag
  2. Scissors
  3. Duck tape
  4. 3 Hole punch 
  5. 3 Ring binder
  6. 15-20 minutes
Let's get it on!



1. Using your 3 ring binder as a reference, take your freezer bag and figure out how much you'll need to shorten it. Mine needed to be shorted about 2 inches.

2. Fold or roll it up to the desired length, then

3. Cut 2 pieces of duct tape about .5 x 1 inch
4. Tape the ends

5. Cut another piece of duct tape about the width of your bag or the height of a sleepy puppy. 

6. Tape the roll to the bag. You really only need to do it on one side but you can do it on both for the sake of uniformity. 

7. Use your 3 hole punch to punch through the layers of plastic and duct tape. If your 3 hole punch is as janky as mine (notice my "temporary" replacement hole on the left) you wont be able to get through all the layers at once. Proceed to step 8 if necessary. If not, go to step 9
8.  Use a pair of scissors to snip the dots loose. Have a vacuum or something handy to scoop up the confetti cause it's small and transparent. I don't have a picture of this. My bad :/

9. Put your junk in it.  I'm using mine as a paint chip organizer for my paint chip art.

10. Stand back and go, "Daaaaaaaaamn, I am so super ghetto fabulous it's amazing. Shooooot" ::snap::

Not bad for free, huh? I know other tutorials look waaaaaay nicer but they also require the purchase of fabric, zippers, and grommets.  And this, friends, does not, so BuhBAM!!! DIY on the Chee-Ee-Ay-Peh
      Of course, it wouldn't hurt if I actually gave a crap and made the duct tape go all the way to the ends or used a pair of scissors to cut a straight edge but whatevs, it's mine and I'm pretty stoked I didn't have to spend any money :D

Til next time, 

.V.
















No comments:

Post a Comment